By combining patented, industry-leading Line 6 digital modeling technology with boutique-style craftsmanship, James Tyler® Variax® is the only guitar in the world that can sound like an entire collection of vintage instruments – 28 models, plus the James Tyler-designed guitar itself. No more dragging piles of instruments to gigs or recording sessions. JTV-69S gives you an endless variety of guitar sounds – from classic acoustic and vintage electric tones all the way to sitar and banjo, plus the onboard SSS pickup configuration – in a double-cutaway, 25-1/2″ scale-length guitar designed by one of the world's finest luthiers.
When it comes to electrics, we've included 18 incredible instruments to take you from classic rock sounds to blues, country and more. Featuring meticulous models of Strat®, Les Paul® and Rickenbacker® guitars, among others, your James Tyler Variax provides instant access to the guitar tones favored by the world's most famous players. Whether you're performing or recording guitar, Variax gives you an amazing breadth of sounds for all styles of music.
After decades of partnering with other manufacturers to spec pickups for his custom guitars, James Tyler began winding his own pickups in 2007 – and has since released more than 30 variations. Drawing on this vast expertise, Tyler carefully designed the pickups for the JTV-69S guitar. A nod to the traditional format, JTV-69S features an SSS pickup configuration complete with three vintage-voiced single-coil pickups that are loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's precise specifications.
• Alder body
• Bolt-on solid maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
• 25-1/2″ scale length
• Tyler '59 neck shape
• 22 medium-jumbo frets and dot inlays
• 1-5/8″ Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
• Sealed locking/staggered tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
• Chrome hardware
• Fully adjustable Tyler-designed tremolo bridge
• L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
• Single-coil pickup configuration features vintage-style pickups loaded with alnico magnets and wound to Tyler's specs
• Master Volume and Tone knobs
• Model knob and Alt Tune roller knob for easily accessing 28 vintage instrument sounds and 11 alternate tunings
• 5-way selector switch
• VDI (Variax® Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD HD500 and POD HD PRO, and limited compatibility with POD® xt, POD® X3, Vetta™ II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
• Lithium-ion battery (12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
• Variax Workbench™ software and USB interface
• Includes high-quality padded gig bag
• Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately
Line 6Publication Date:
Olympic WhiteCloser Look